Sunday, January 17, 2010

How the other half lives.

Now I don't want you to get the impression that all I've been doing is playing warcraft lately. I have been spending a lot of time playing a Draenei Hunter though (and his amiable companion Barry the Bear) and it's been...interesting.

The one thing I've noticed? The quests on the Alliance side have a bit more depth to them, but apart from that the sides are pretty much interchangeable. You get the same amount of douchebags, the only difference is that some of those douchebags I know in real life. And they play Horde. An example?

Thanks to the new Looking for Dungeon feature, you meet wonderfully random people whom you'll never have to talk to or even be nice to. One Scarlet Monastery run I met a priest who started off the run by saying "I'm going to fuck your bear if you don't keep an eye on it hunter."

That sentence pretty much defines everything I hate about random people. He has a name people, his name is BARRY THE FREAKING BEAR.

Oh, and he called my macros gay. Fucking Alliance prick.

Anyway, on the work side, it's been good. I guess. I've been doing a lot of what I call "someday" work. That means doing awesome work today that I will be paid for someday. There's that logo job I've got going (which is...I'll talk about it after I get paid) the Feminist Propaganda work and the occasional poster.

There's also this other job that I've been having some strife with the parental unit over. Like I said, some work is "someday" work, but when that someday is an unforeseeable day in the far future for a lot of work today I have second thoughts. Sometimes third ones too.

Finally, I leave you with an important thing I learned about myself this weekend. You can make out with someone all night, but if you can't dodge a little vomit you have no right being out there at all.

True story.

No comments: