Sunday, April 10, 2011

Final Fantasy & Dungeons and Dragons

It's been a while since my last post. Let me assure you, that things have been going pretty well for me lately. Keeping busy with work and all that. Now, you can all sleep easy.

I recently got Final Fantasy 7 again, after a sudden bout of nostalgia hit me. I play it every few years when I get the urge, ever since I first got it in 1998. It was one of the first RPG's I ever played and finished, and left a huge impression on me, I think. Recently, I've fallen in love with it again.

This time around, I've started looking at the characters a little differently. I've always been a Tifa fanboy ever since my first playthrough, but this time around, I find her to be even more faceted.

I mean, not only does she punch monsters right in the face, but she has emotions. I always found her to be the "better" love interest in the whole Cloud/Aeris/Tifa love triangle.

Plus, she can totally rock a miniskirt.

In other news! I DM'd my first ever Dungeons and Dragons game last saturday, and while I was a bit nervous at first, things quickly got fun and the game started to flow. I was so impressed with everyone, the characters they chose, the roles they played and how they jumped right into it.



But what impressed me most, and what no amount of reading could have prepared me for, was the way in which they played. These guys did things I didn't even consider when setting out the adventure, forcing me to really keep on my toes when it came to the story, characters and events.

I think I've managed to get them back on track with the actual planned adventure, but we'll just have to wait for the next session. And I've got a few surprises planned that should make things interesting.


No comments: