Thursday, December 17, 2009

Drawing in the Dark

One of the not fun things about cyclones is that the power goes out. I know, there are more not fun things than that that happen, flooding, peoples roofs flying off and such. But I'm incredibly reliant on electricity as I have come to find in the last few days. We were without power for about 3 days, and the shitty thing was that if you look down my street you can see that the next street over has power.

This did make me draw things without the computer though, mainly to fend off boredom and the desire to run around outside in my underwear. Again. Gotta be careful when there are flying branches and stuff, I've learned that the hard way.

So, here are some of the things I drawed during Cyclone Mick, by candlelight, as the wind whipped through the trees. Okay, I have to be honest, the ambushed picture (which might be the bestest best thing I've drawed ever) was colored when the power came on. I put extra effort in the inking and pencils though! And the perspective is off, but still...

Pew pew!

Uniforms are fun!

Uh...yeah. Really boring without power.

1 comment:

Clarence Dass said...

I liked the plain line art for the first one better.