Thursday, July 22, 2010

Awesomely Employed


Not too sure if I've posted that before, but meh.

There hasn't been much time for me to blog lately, (I really should just make time) since I've started working 8 to 5. I catch the morning train and everything.

I also got the news today that the feminists have finally decided to make me their graphic designer. Which is awesome, but essentially means that at the moment I have two jobs. I should have been a juggler. Or a gigolo, but now we're digressing.

I don't know whether I've stated my opinion on the whole concept of feminism, I think that it's a wonderful idea. People should all have an equal opportunity to do things that they love, regardless of what they're packing in the pants department. I don't think that the genders will ever be completely equal though, but that's okay, because we're different.

What I mean by that, of course, is babies. Women have the power and equipment to create new human beings and men don't. Hence, we're always going to have to compensate for that. Perhaps compensate is the wrong word, but you know what I mean.

But when it comes to getting paid, or applying for insurance or whatever, it should always come down to skill and the amount of hard work put in.

I am also extremely grateful to whatever powers are out there (especially if it's some sort of flying spaghetti monster) that I've got work doing something that I love. Essentially I play photoshop all day. Okay, I play photoshop and internet all day.

Man, this post has gone to a weird place, I started talking about how I have lots of work to do and then I went onto feminism. Anyway, I'm going to do some drawing this weekend, so I should have some new art for the blog at some point (because otherwise you're all going to be sad. And I just don't know if I can handle that).

No comments: