Tuesday, June 21, 2011

500


So here we are, the 500th Awesome Cake post. Don't ask me why this is suddenly a big deal for me, it's just a strange feeling I had. Even though the blog has never been anything more than a place to deposit words and pictures I've made from my brain, this somehow feels like a milestone.

I probably need to get out more.

My first post was pretty bad. As were many of the following ones but give me a break it was 2007. To be honest it's really whiny, and I can't read it without getting a bit of a headache. The first ever drawings I posted were a set of three images I'd drawn after getting sick. Here is one of them now.


Yeah, I know it's awful, but I was so proud of it. Seeing as how I have tagged 238 posts with "awesome art" I guess Awesome Cake is mostly an art blog. As well as a place for me to shamelessly tell stories about my life. And videogames.

But hey, that's what blogging is all about. It's not journalism or deep meaningful pieces of writing (although they can sometimes look similar depending on the light) it's opinions written in a little corner of the internet. A way to catalogue your thoughts and if you write 500 posts, look back and go, "man, what a tosser."

Now, let's see how long it takes me to get to 1,000.

Special thanks to Lawrence, Wilson, MJ, Sian, Sharky, Chels and you! You're the reason I write, draw and otherwise make a fool of myself in general.

9 comments:

Wilson said...

Gratz on your 500th post! Was hoping for a deep and meaningful post about the mysteries and wonder of life, but I'll settle for your face on the 300 poster boy.

Michelle said...

You've hit 5 centuries! Congratulations!

Unknown said...

Thanks Wilson! Plus, you've been following Awesome Cake forever, you know that me putting my face on Leonidas is the most meaningful thing I could ever do :P

Anonymous said...

MJ - Michael Jackson?

Anonymous said...

ps: Congrats! I totally love your 500 POSTS OF AWESOME CAKE poster.

Sharky said...

GASP! @poster...AND bigger GASP! @ 500posts!! (gosh you write/draw a lot!)

And since its such a special occasion I will not get jealous of seeing Zooey with someone else. (Only coz I love you yeah!)

Ooooh! and I got a mention!! YAY! ..but the pleasure is all mine really (well not ALL but a lot)

...and I would read 500 more [read to the tune of "I'm Gonna Be" (500 Miles)]

ps. Where can I buy a poster ;)

Root Your Mouth!!! said...

Awesome Dude ... Congrats ... I will kill some Taliban to celebrate!!!!!!

Unknown said...

@urbanviti, yes Michael Jackson. Although I know him by his street name here, as Mikeli Jackisoni.

@Sharky I am totally down for sharing Zooey D. As long as we alternate weekends.

@Root Mouth Guy, how about just some slight maiming?

Irie Ninja said...

Woooo!!! Gratz on the 500th post! Lovin' the poster and banner! Me thinks drinks to celebrate?