Monday, July 14, 2008

Yes, actually, I am trying to save the world

i have had one of the most inebriated weekends ever, and if you've read this blog enough, you might notice that that is quite a statement for me :P

friday was the last day of my surveying job, and it was a doozy. i spent the day wandering around valelevu asking people questions. twas quite the experience. the three moments that really stand out were pretty good ones.

there was the saleslady who asked me, after i told i her i didn't want a plastic bag, if i was trying to save the world. this surprised me. i mean, how did she know?

then there was the carrier driver, who proceeded to tell me his whole life story, including the part about his father losing a leg, and him having to start driving carriers at the age of 15. a carrier is basically a truck by the way, for those who came in late.

and finally, there was the little old lady in her small tailoring shop, which i had ducked into to get out of the rain. she sat at her sewing table while i asked her questions about mobile phones, and was just the sweetest old lady you'll ever meet. in the end of the interview, she asked me if i was related to my uncle. that is, she knew my uncle, and wanted to know if i was related to him.

then there was the barrel night...which i drank a silly amount of beer and then went to watch Hellboy 2. it was an amazing film, but this may have had to do with the beer.

and then came saturday. i went to see an old friend of mine, who's birthday is on the same day as me, to wish him...happy birthday. then i went to the surprise party at my house...which i knew nothing about. nuh uh. not me.

the party was awesome. i drank a silly amount of alcohol, and probably said some things that were silly. but i had an excuse at the time because it was fer my birthday, and Arjays birthday :P

what? examples of silly things?

albert: what, you guys are leaving? you're going to make me sleep alone on MY birthday!
everyone: laughs
albert: hey, i TRY ok, at least i TRY
ronna: giggle giggle
albert: oooh, she's laughing...that's a good sign!

EDIT: yesh, the conversation has been updated, i was drunk! i can't remember most of what i said! fanks sharky =_=

Also, the girlfriend wrote me a poem for my birthday. twas the sweetest thing anyones ever written for me. it also involved strippers :P

so what did i do on sunday? i mean, after the copious drinking on friday and saturday? why, go to John Michaels house to drink of course.

so all in all, it was a pretty good birthday weekend. lotsa booze, lotsa laughs, and lotsa fun.

also, because i am still taking a short break from drawing comicses, here is a pinup i prepared earlier.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

alb actually these are the words you used:

albert: what, you guys are leaving? you're going to make me sleep alone on MY birthday!

everyone: laughs

albert: hey, you can't blame me for trying!!!

ronna: giggle giggle

albert: oooh, at least she's laughing...that's a good sign!

LOL!!!!