Monday, October 1, 2007

Why doesn't anyone tell me where to go to pay these goddamn Bills?

today i had to pay the bills for the house. my mum handed me the cheques, and said,

"albert, go and pay the bills."

so during the show, in between announcer breaks i carefully plotted the most time efficient way to pay said bills, without cutting into valuable comic drawing time, because i was late one comic for the fiji times, and didn't want to miss out on the awesome money which they pay me.

i decided that i would take care of the bills that i could pay in town first, then skip over to the computer hardware shop to get me a new flashdrive, after that i'd travel out to raiwaqa and pay the internet bill. now raiwaqa isn't that far out of the way, but it is kinda a hassle to catch a cab all the way out there and take another back to town.

so i did all that, i payed the bills like a good man of the house should, and then i went home to draw my comic. which of course turned out to be the worst gosh darn comic i ever drew, thanks to my lack of time on it. no time of course though, i had to rush it over to the papers, and hand it in. the graphic designer who i work with there, then informs me that the accounts lady is looking for me, so i take off around the building to see the accounts lady this is the actual conversation i have with her, i swear to the appropriate deity:

"are you albert ?"

"yes, yes i am."

"you're not albert !"

"dammit woman, I'm albert, now give me the cheque for my literary contributions to your publication!"

well, i might've been slightly less eloquent than that, but it was pretty accurate.

so yeah, after the whole long day is gone and done, i go home, and tell my mum that i went all over the city to pay the bills.

and then she says,

"you know that you could have just paid the bills at the post office right."

luckily i cut my hair recently, otherwise i woulda torn it out.

also, albert is getting coffee with a girl on thursday. more information on this as it comes to light.

2 comments:

Clarence Dass said...

coffee and moo moo biscuits?

Wilson said...

you can also pay your bills online ;)