Sunday, April 11, 2010

You can't spell Damage without...


Seedus: The Elf, The Mage, The Legend.

Right, so ever since the announcement came out a couple of days ago that Blizzard was releasing class previews of the changes that they're making for the new expansion, I have been eagerly awaiting the news about the mage changes. I read the warrior ones, the priest ones and yes, the warlock (or should I say whore-lock) ones. (Sorry Wilson, I did try and skim the Shaman ones but I didn't understand a single word >_<) If you're interested, the WoW.com article is here.

Am I happy with the changes? Well, it's not like it's going to affect my choice of whether or not I'm buying the expansion, I've put too much into ol' Seed to not get him to level 85. But! It does look I'll have hecka fun getting there with this little baby:

Flame Orb (available at level 81): Inspired by Prince Taldaram's abilities in Ahn'kahet and Icecrown Citadel, this spell allows the mage to cast a flaming orb that travels in front in a straight line, sending beams that cause fire damage to passing targets. Once it's cast, the mage is free to begin casting other spells as the Flame Orb travels. While the spell will be useful to any spec, Fire mages will have talents that improve it, possibly causing the Flame Orb to explode when it reaches its destination.

Look at that! I can so picture setting that fucker off in the tunnels of Warsong Gulch and cackling maniacally as those Alliance fools burn! Also, it looks like I'll have an excuse to respec back to Fire, finally :)

The other two spells that were announced were Time Warp (which grants the party or raid a haste buff, yay! More combat utility!) and Wall of Fog, which doesn't sound very exciting when you first read it. It's basically a snare that will slow down enemies. But then, I remembered that I am squishy mage, and that any time where someone is beating my intelligent head in is time where I cannot cast spells.

TLDR version: Mage Class Changes are not bad. Also, Warlocks with green fire mean that I get proper recognition for my burning abilities instead of people giving credit to icky warlocks.

No comments: