Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Faraway Tree

Because if they made a modern adaptation the Saucepan Man would be a badass and Moonface would be a cynical, yet loveable, arse.

Oh, and I didn't even remember their Fairy friend from the books. Her character would probably get cut.

Man, I read a crapload of Enid Blyton when I was growing up. Never the Famous Five ones though, I would read the ones with like...the Faraway Tree and Hop, Skip and Jump the Brownies and stuff. The mystery books never really appealed to me at all.

Enid Blyton was good up until I turned eight, i think. Then I started reading stuff with swords and dragons and thought, these are the books for me. Give me a battle against the forces of evil over the Land of Birthdays any day.

And don't even get me started on Beatrix Potter.

1 comment:

Eni said...

I am exhilarated to learn tha you read a "crapload" of Enid Blyton's books as a child. In contrast to you, The Famous Five, The Secret Seven and like-minded series were my cup of tea. Thus, my affection for Enid Blyton and her books led me in writing and publishing a book on her, titled, the Famous Five: A Personal Anecdotage (www.thefamousfiveapersonalanecdotage.blogspot.com).
Stephen Isabirye