Monday, January 24, 2011

Free Candy (or Lollies)

What is this? What's going on here? It's a page from a new Nameless and Aimless comic. What is Nameless and Aimless you might ask. Well, way back in High School I made comics in my spare time. I say spare time, but it was actually most of the time. During class, Sports Days, lunchbreaks, cultural dances. One of the series that I made was the adventures of a couple of aimless idiots with no names. Hence, Nameless and Aimless.

Writing it was like, mental expulsion. I would do pretty much whatever came to mind and as such a lot of the time they would be on completely random adventures. Like, entering Beauty Contests, Battling the Lord of the Bling, or taking over the airwaves with their awesome musical stylings.

Anyway, I don't think I'm rebooting the series or anything, but just continuing where I left off. And it's kinda nice to write these two again, like meeting old friends after a long time.

While I was doing the pitch for the comic to Jon Michaels (as I do) he mentioned that it sounded like a very...kiddy story. And yeah, I guess it is. I don't think Nameless and Aimless was ever meant to be a mature or adult comic. Mainly because I was 16 when I wrote the first ones. Besides, I want to have fun with this one!

No comments: