Thursday, March 25, 2010

Dragons!

So...magical...

So, I had a couple of comics to put up today, but then I went to go and see How to Train Your Dragon with the gang. Man...that movie was...I'm trying to think of a better word than awesome. I really am. I will admit, that I am a sucker for dragons. If something has a decent dragon in it, then I will watch it and probably like it. I guess I've always had a fascination for them, magical, western, eastern or otherwise.

I'm not to spoil anything about the film, there are a couple of moments in it that just stay with you after you leave the cinema (and that weren't in the trailer! shock!) and overall it's...heartwarming, and funny and kick ass. Also, Toothless might just be the cutest dragon ever.

The score was brilliant, the voice actors were top notch (Yay for Scottish accents!) and the visuals were simply gorgeous and vibrant. Also, it was in Threeee Deeeee. There was on part in particular, where Hiccup is flying with Toothless around the island and the scenary is drenched in this golden yellow sunlight and Toothless swoops down towards some cliffs and I kid you not, I felt like I was falling. You know, that feeling you get in your stomache when you're suspended in mid air, or when you have that dream where you're flying/falling.

So...full of win :)


No comments: